At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Senior FPA Specialist will be responsible for increasing, negotiating and administering Forward Purchasing Agreements, securing fixed and favorable pricing of stocked items.
- Collecting data on stock items related by nature, use or supplier to be sent out on tender for preferential and fixed pricing
- Liaison with colleagues, end users and potential suppliers to understand sourcing, logistics and operational requirements of stock items to be tendered
- Preparation and distribution of tender invitations to suppliers
- Extraction of information from tenders received to compile accurate total delivered cost comparison reports for use for adjudication purposes
- Negotiation of contract terms with selected suppliers
- Uploading of contract prices into Pronto and maintenance of all FPA contract information within Pronto
- Forward planning to ensure work on the renewal of FPAs is started and completed before the expiry of previous agreements.
- Increasing the proportion of stock items covered by current FPAs
- Reporting on FPAs and maintenance of up to date register of FPAs
- Administration and record keeping of all tender and contract documentation
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures for the FPA section.
QUALIFUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Diploma or a Degree, in supply chain or contracts management, data analytics, finance, business administration, mining or engineering
- ZIPS registration or the qualifications necessary to allow such registration on application
- A minimum of 5 years work experience, at a senior level, in supply chain management and / or the Mining Industry
- Previous experience in FPA / contract administration would be an added advantage
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .