Reporting to the Manager Finance, the Senior Accountant Expenditure shall be an expert in finance paying close attention to Expenditure of the Authority ensuring that such financial Accounts/ Statements at the end of every month/year are accurate and well detailed for comprehension.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future expenses to provide advice to management.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze, budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Processing and management of payments to suppliers, ensuring that payments are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile Supplier’s statements.
- Assist in coordination with other departments during internal and external audits.
- Generate Monthly expenditure Management reports.
- Prepare Year-End Statutory Financial statements for the Authority
- Carry out variance analysis
- Assist in financial Audits and implement recommendations
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Bank reconciliations
- Enhance the general control environment of the authority
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 school certificate with 5 credits which should include Mathematics and English Language
- Must have a Degree in Accountancy or Equivalent;
Competencies required for this Role
- Must have a Degree in Accountancy or equivalent;
- Must have a full professional qualification in ZICA, ACCA, or CIMA;
- Must have at least five (5) years of working experience in an accountancy role.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nhima.co.zm .