At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- This position exists to handle the activities of ceramic tiling works in the process plant and the workshop in order to provide support services to the plant operations and to handle all rubber lining activities both in the plant and in the RCS (Rubber, Ceramic and Splicing) workshop section.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximizing the utilization of the resources to achieve cost savings, continuous improvement initiatives, and utilization of synergies throughout the area.
- Carry out the activities of tiling works repairs works
- To carry out online and offline PMs to all rubber lined areas and all pulley lagging.
- To carry out rubber lining and pulley lagging.
- To carry out rubber works during plant shutdowns.
- To prepare all required rubber seals and gaskets.
- To measure and cut the required different size and shapes of rubber.
- To ensure appropriate levels of safety and productivity are maintained in order to meet safety, cost and production targets.
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
- Help in plant shutdown jobs and workshop jobs.
- Hands and skills on plant maintenance works and the workshop jobs.
- Follow laid down policies and procedures as out lined by management.
- Enforce Compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSA’s, Work Procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and safe working environment is maintained
- Enforce good housekeeping practices are maintained by enforcing cleaning up before, during and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the work place
- Have the ability to plan for tasks; arrange the correct equipment needed to minimize unnecessary delays in planned tasks
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Experience? & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of Zambian craft certificate or its equivalent. Higher education attainment will be an added advantage
- Certification in rubber and ceramic lining
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in a maintenance role covering various ceramic tiling works.
- Experience in high output workshops with a high aptitude in the ceramic & rubber initiatives required of today’s mining industry
- Ability to do ceramic tiling of items of different shape sizes and materials.
- Ability to measure and cut tiles for different shape items (square to round transition pieces, cones, pipes, sump boxes, impact discharge chutes and pulleys).
- Be able to bond to different materials (cement, steel, ceramic wear resistance and rubber)
- Experience with fixed plant maintenance will be an advantage.
- A trained and competent to use of all rubber lining tools and consumables.
- Experience in a maintenance role covering belt splicing and sandblasting
- Experience in high output workshops with a high aptitude in the rubber lining & pulley lagging initiatives required of today’s mining industry.
- Experience in both pulley lagging and rubber lining repairs.
- Experience with chute and hopper relines in both ceramic & wear cut applications would be well regarded.
- Demonstrable experience with fixed plant maintenance will be an advantage.
- Able to recognize different lagging, rubbers and the correct chemicals along with their lining methods.
- Ability to inspect and determine correct preparation of all substrates prior to lining.
- Trained and competent with wear cut chemical application.
- The ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude.
- Detail Orientation.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Team player.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .