Position: Rigger (2)
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of a Rigger.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for the Maintenance, Inspection, Repair and any Tests/Loads deemed necessary to Overhead and Mobile Cranes, Static & Portable Lifting Equipment under Zambian Mining regulations, Inter/National standards and Company Policies. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out inspections of lifting equipment before and after use and ensure they are safe for use
- Conduct safe lifting of loads with cranes during maintenance of equipment
- Assist in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems
- Conduct routine and statutory inspections of lifting appliances
- Adhere to safe working practices and ensure required documents such as lift plans are prepared for every lift.
- Provide safe lifting information during equipment maintenance
- To identify hazards and maintain a safe working environment.
- Fully responsible for the quality of work.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job/task
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum of a craft certificate in Rigging
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a rigging artisan in a typical Mining environment.
- Have a good understanding of rules, regulations as regards to Lifting Machinery and Accessories.
- Experienced with inspection of Lifting Machinery, Lifting Equipment, Lifting Accessories and Scaffolding
- Strong commitment to safety
- Maintenance of all lifting equipment and appliances
- Good communication skills, self-motivated and innovative Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .