- Company: Heifer International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
The Regional People Officer – Africa will support the efficient coordination and execution of the operational activities of the Regional People Department and serve as a liaison with various departments at Heifer HQ, for efficient service delivery. The areas of support include Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Learning, Culture, and general People Administration. This position will also liaise with country offices to give necessary support that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness in People related operations and processes. The Regional People Officer – Africa will report to the HR Business Partner – Africa. The role may be located in any of the following countries; Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, or Zambia.
Essential Character Traits
Detail-oriented, Organized, Action-Oriented, Positive, Collaborative, Values-Oriented.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
Talent Acquisition/ Management (10%)
- Supporting onboarding of new employees and responding to any queries promptly for the regional team.
- Monitoring probation/ confirmation and contract renewals.
- Respond ing to any queries promptly for the regional team.
- Maintenance/tracking of in-country employee records.
Performance Management, Compensation, And Benefits (25%)
- Ensure that Heifer Africa’s performance management system is implemented in line with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure agreed compensation and Benefits are embedded and respond to country and regional queries as well as escalate any exceptional cases.
- Keep oversight of country-level data accuracy and timely payroll processes.
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance and adherence to agreed Heifer HR business process standards.
- Provide ad-hoc data and supplementary reports as required from time to time.
Employee Relations And Administration (40%)
- Ensure all country team has signed off HR policy manuals and staff handbooks as per agreed templates.
- Implement agreed employee engagement activities necessary to enhance the positive employer-employee relationships.
- Administration of all People processes related to the employee life cycle in line with the organization’s policies and processes.
- Ensure data and related information integrity and confidentiality and maintain HR records and accurate employee data.
- Provide input to ensure that disciplinary measures are in line with policy.
- Support country teams to establish an effective approach to employee relations, including staff communication, employee engagement, conflict resolution, recognition, and feedback program.
- Facilitate the drafting of employee contract agreements before sign-off and review to ensure accuracy on performance requirements, delivery obligations, timeliness, costs, and payments, to protect both the employees and Heifer.
- Scheduling meetings and coordinating the planning for the country and region people department.
Learning And Culture (20%)
- Provide any required support towards the continuous provision of Learning, Development and Change Management interventions to employees in the region.
- Initiation and implementation of agreed regional activities, towards cultivating an enduring corporate culture, in line with Heifer’s vision.
Any Other Assigned Function (5%)
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent in Social Sciences or Business Administration, plus 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in HR and/or Administration. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- HR Certification.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- A strong project management orientation to work, managing complex interdependencies across internal and external teams.
- Strong organization capacity and ability to influence teams and cross-functional activities to be prioritized by key stakeholders.
- Positive and growth mindset orientation.
- A strong administration capability and capacity.
- Strong English language skills – both oral and verbal communication.
- Problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Can do attitude.
- An understanding of relevant legislation, procedures, and policies.
- Organizational awareness.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.