- Effectively manage and coordinate the procurement of good and services in accordance with the Public Procurement Act, Procurement Regulations, Guidelines and Procedures as may be prescribed by the Zambia Public Procurement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing and procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with good procurement practices and laid down procedures and guidelines.
- Preparation of solicitation documents and enquiries for goods, works and services in liaison with user projects and undertake the appropriate bidding process.
- Preparation of bid evaluation reports, contracts and other related procurement documentation.
- Contract management and expediting of orders to ensure timely delivery and processing of payments.
- Maintenance of sound Procurement records/documentation and preparation of procurement status reports.
- Collaborating with user projects and preparation of procurement plans to ensure timely provision of goods and services.
- Ensure materials and services supplied meet established standards, survey markets for latest trends in prices, availability, delivery and quality, and ensure that applicable policies, practices and procedures are understood and complied by suppliers.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Assess all vendors/suppliers and ensure that they meet the minimum requirements to be on the suppliers list. This also involves conducting supplier premises visits to monitor and evaluate supplier standards
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Advanced Diploma Graduate
- Valid practicing license from ZIPS.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in procurement
- Proficient in MS Excel/Word/Power Point
- Experience with SAP will be an added advantage
- Experience in working with manufacturing /Cement industry.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com .