Procurement and Logistics Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 34 projects in 19 countries and total revenues of approximately $128 million.
ACDI/VOCA is currently implementing a five-year program entitled “Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced (EDGE) Activity” in Zambia funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The aim of the Zambia EDGE Activity is to increase the profitability for agricultural small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by addressing their key investment constraints on access to finance, limited business management skills and technology, access to markets, thereby increasing SMEs’ productivity and ability to create new jobs in Zambia.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator position. The position is based in Lusaka and responsible for managing and executing procurements associated with the project’s operational activities and handling all logistical coordination in the program. Prepares and processes requisitions, purchase orders and contracts for materials, supplies, lease contracts and services. Assists the Operations Manager on ensuring proper management of office property to include the vehicles, equipment, and supplies.
• Prepares and processes requisitions, purchase orders and contracts for materials, supplies and services. Ensures they are in conformity with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policy. Provides advice and guidance to staff on procurement matters for all office administration-related procurements. Analyzes procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices and experience. Provides support to the HR/Operations Manager in measuring vendor performance and manages vendors concerns and questions. Develops and maintains an updated vendor list by category of items. Creates and maintains procurement records, ensures accuracy and integrity of data.
• Participates in the bid solicitation process. Assists in developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding staff on processes involved. Analyzes, negotiates and prepares contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of ACDI/VOCA.
• Assists the HR/Operations Manager to conduct negotiations with project vendors during the contracting stage, including: rates, discounts, alternative fee arrangements and leverage spending. Monitors and reviews progress of contractual agreements. Reviews invoices prior to approval for payment, resolving any problems that arise. Performs post contract evaluations. Ensures all regular and ad hoc reports regarding procurement activities are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintains a calendar for recurring bills, prepares payments and submits to finance for settlement. These may include security, rent for various premises, telephone and internet subscription bills, office cleaning, stationery, hotel bookings, vehicle service and repairs, and etc. Conducts proper warehousing and storage of office inventory on the regular basis. Responsible for issuance of equipment and tagging/recording. Assists in general records management, including filing of service contracts for vendors and copies of purchase orders. Manages project travels in that includes dissemination of logistics information. Facilitates meetings and conferences that includes reservation of rooms, transport, organizing for snacks and ensuring conference materials are available. Ensures adequate stock of office supplies. Oversees maintenance of office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners and ensure repairs are made in a timely fashion.
Vehicle fleet management
• Oversees the performance of transportation services, ensuring all vehicles are safe and roadworthy and maintenance is done on a timely manner. Responsible for supervising and scheduling the drivers. Responsible for checking vehicle log sheets from the drivers. Ensures vehicle incidents reports are completed on a timely basis and reported to the relevant senior staff.
• Oversees the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all facilities including electricity supply, water and plumbing.
• Degree or Higher Diploma in Purchasing and supply, Business Administration, Finance or a related field
• Minimum of three years of procurement or logistics-related experience preferably with an International NGO or an international organization providing development assistance.
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience with USAID’s procurement and contracting policies and procedures.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
• Must be skilled in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with procurement-specific software is an added advantage.
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of procurement and Supply with a valid practicing license
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a resume to [email protected] no later than May 10, 2022. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone or email. Only shortlisted candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.