Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Supporting the Payroll Manager, the role holder will be responsible undertaking all the activities relating to the accurate and timely processing of the monthly payroll in line with the HR process and procedures.
- On a monthly basis receive all payroll amendments including Loans feed, changes to pension contributions, new recruits, bank exits, promotions, Non workday allowances etc. from the business.
- Monthly preparation of salaries and wages.
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations as per Bank reconciliation guidelines.
- Plan Activities and Process monthly salaries to enable production of an accurate Payroll on the due date.
- Processing of Terminal Benefits for the Leavers/Exits through VSS, Retirements, Resignations, Redundancy or death at the date of Job termination
- Check that monthly payroll amendments have been duly authorised by People Shared services Manager or Payroll/Reward Manager prior to input into the payroll
- Input and load all authorised changes into the payroll and stamp/cross-out all processed amendments as proof of processing.
- File copies of amendments on monthly payroll file for reference and to provide a payroll audit trail.
- Ensure that no further changes are made to the payroll once it has been closed
- Make any corrections to payroll highlighted by the Payroll Manager and return for validation and authorisation
- On receipt of authorisation to run the payroll, lock the payroll to any changes and run the monthly payroll
- Liaising with Human Resource Business Partners, Reward and Pensions Principal Officer to ensure that all matters relating to employees are treated in accordance with the Prevailing condition of service
- Pass required payroll entries and forward to Operations Processing Centre for processing.
- Prepare monthly ZRA, NHIMA and NAPSA payments
- Prepare and Reconcile ZRA, NHIMA and NAPSA Payments i.e., Prepare and submit Returns before due dates.
- Respond and resolve any payroll related queries in a timely manner. Ensure that payroll area is kept tidy and organized
PAYROLL CONTROL MAINTENANCE
- Ensure that payroll data is kept confidential as per HR guidelines
- Ensure that access to the payroll room is restricted to authorised personnel
- Maintain the register for non-authorised personnel entry to payroll.
- Carry out monthly payroll back-ups and ensure that they are safely stored off-site
- Carry-out payroll Business Continuity tests on a regular basis and ensure that any test failures are reported to the People shared Services Manager and the HR policy and Governance Manager
- Escalate any payroll incidents to Governance Manager
- Adhere to all the HR policy and governance processes and procedures relating to the payroll function.
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Customer obsessed
- Digitally skilled
- Communication/ interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work without supervision to meet regulatory timelines
Knowledge And Skills
- Knowledge of PAYE/Tax legislation
- Understanding of Labour and Social Security legislation
- Understanding and at least 2 years experience working with Payroll software
- Accounting Diploma/ Degree, added advantage
- Member of Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Financial Sciences (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .