World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Organisational Capacity Building and Grant Management Specialist
Reporting to: Associate Director –Grants Management
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of this position is to facilitate organizational and technical capacity building for local partners and organizations by conducting organizational and technical capacity assessments and support the development of capacity development plans. The Organizational Capacity Building & Grants Management shall be responsible for supporting grant management compliance and organizational capacity for selected organizations and support document Organizational Capacity Building processes, best practices and success stories for organizational knowledge management
Organizational Capacity Building Project Development and Support Framework
- Provide overall oversight on the Implementation of the Organizational Capacity Building project.
- Work closely with selected partners to identify capacity training needs for local partners
- Facilitate/support selected organizations to develop Capacity Development plans, including mentoring and coaching initiatives.
- Coordinate capacity-building efforts with relevant stakeholders and assist in the facilitation of these activities, which include any innovations.
Grant/PNSF Support and Compliance
- Support grant and PNS start-up activities, including participating in partnership assessments for sub-granting.
- Coordinate and support regular monitoring of PNS, using appropriate grant/PNS management tools and through facilitation and support of regular and timely PNS Reviews.
- Ensure that PNS contracts/agreements are well administered and program/support teams are fully aware and informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and compliance check-sheets are developed and maintained
Additional Capacity Building:
- Conduct capacity building for AP staff in PNSF/grants management, spending tracking, and compliance
- Support ongoing capacity strengthening in report writing, editing and critical analysis
- Support the development and maintenance of comprehensive information management and filing systems that ensure all donor contractual documents, reports, key correspondences, etc. are appropriately filed in up-to-date and consistent soft and hard libraries available as needed
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Regularly report on monitoring and evaluation of Organisational Capacity Building recipients, including success stories, challenges, and best practices.
- Ensure tracking and follow-up of grant and PNS reports
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A university degree in Social Sciences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in local organizational capacity building
- Ability to build relationships with, mentor and train small local businesses.
- Strong understanding of local business sectors.
- Proven ability to pilot and implement new technologies
- Proven skills in verbal and written communication, process and group facilitation, training and capacity building.
- Strong reporting abilities
- Experience is monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in capacity building of local partners and organisations
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 22 March 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .