Jobs at:Sinohydro Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
19 June 2021
Within Zambia , Mkushi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking to hire an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty construction equipment. As a lead mechanic, you will be responsible for inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
To ensure success as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, you should have proven experience working with heavy machinery, be physically fit, and be able to troubleshoot issues on the job site/Workshop.
• Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
• Diagnosing faults using testing equipment.
• Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
• Repairing damaged equipment parts.
• Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
• Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
• Performing major repair work when necessary.
• Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
• Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade 12 certificate
• Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Equivalent from a recognized Institution
• 3-5 years relevant work experience preferably in the Construction industry
• Thorough knowledge of the construction, design, assembly, and maintenance of a wide variety of special purpose heavy equipment.
• Experience in troubleshooting hydraulic and electronic systems.
• Ability to keep records of repairs, time and parts used for the servicing of heavy, special purpose automotive equipment, and to make related reports.
• Member of The Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ & ERB) Good communication skills,
• Self-motivated and innovative
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) should be sent to the:
Human Resources Officer
Sinohydro Zambia Limited
Email: [email protected]
Due date 19/6/2021