Jobs at:Mabiza Resources Limited
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Zambia , Southern Province , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Material Coordinator
Reporting: Maintenance Planner
Job Purpose: To coordinate and expedite the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies and act as a link between Engineering and Commercial on all relating to the procurement of spares and services for Engineering.
• To compile a computerized record of purchase requests and open orders, status and location of materials for Engineering and highlight and delay in the procurement process and notify the immediate supervisor.
• To be the owner of all Engineering critical spares and provide the status of each spare.
• To liaise with commercial and Engineering on stock levels, specify minimum/maximum levels, make arrangements for repair and assembly of materials or parts and examine the quality of parts received to ensure compliance to specifications.
• Ensure all equipment and tools in use in all work assignments are fit for purpose.
• Work closely with procurement, coding, planning, scheduling, and work coordination to provide seamless execution.
• Use matrices to measure tasks and develop action plans to improve the process.
• Support maintenance planner and Foremen in sending unused materials back to the warehouse
• Coordinate the issuing of tools and PPE
• Development of reorder levels for all stock items.
• Assist in the review of Engineering costs before and after the month has finished ensuring costs are within budgeted figures
Skills & Qualifications: –
• Minimum of Full craftsperson class in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
• Full Technician class in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• 3 years’ experience in the Mining industry
• Competency in the use of Microsoft package,
• Knowledge of process plant equipment.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 6th August 2021