Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Material Coordinator
Reporting: Maintenance Planner
Job Purpose: To coordinate and expedite the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies and act as a link between Engineering and Commercial on all relating to the procurement of spares and services for Engineering.
- To compile a computerized record of purchase requests and open orders, status and location of materials for Engineering and highlight and delay in the procurement process and notify the immediate supervisor.
- To be the owner of all Engineering critical spares and provide the status of each spare.
- Ensure all equipment and tools in use in all work assignments are fit for purpose.
- To liaise with commercial and Engineering on stock levels, specify minimum/maximum levels, make arrangements for repair and assembly of materials or parts and examine the quality of parts received to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Work closely with procurement, coding, planning, scheduling, and work coordination to provide seamless execution.
- Use matrices to measure tasks and develop action plans to improve the process.
- Support maintenance planner and Foremen in sending unused materials back to the warehouse
- Coordinate the issuing of tools and PPE
- Development of reorder levels for all stock items.
- Assist in the review of Engineering costs before and after the month has finished ensuring costs are within budgeted figures,
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of Full craftsperson class in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Full Technician class in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- 3 years experience in the Mining industry
- Competency in the use of Microsoft package,
- Knowledge of process plant equipment.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 6th August 2021