- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- The position of Maintenance Co-ordinator is to maximize plant availability through coordination of operation personnel to ensure all engineering activities go on in a professional manner. This role is responsible for maintaining operational integrity of the plant and equipment in order to achieve production targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give clear direction, control and supervise the mechanical supervisors to ensure safe and profitable work environment for all.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a commitment to work place safety and the safety of your subordinates.
- Be accurate, methodical, and practical when giving guidance to mechanical supervisors and artisans.
- Ensure subordinates follow laid down policies and procedures as out lined by management.
- Enforce Compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSA’s, Work Procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Co-ordinate and ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and safe working environment is maintained
- Enforce good housekeeping practices are maintained by enforcing cleaning up before, during and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the work place
- Provide the superintendent with practical suggestions and improvements for the section.
- Coordinate with departmental team members, as well as process departmental members.
- Have the ability to plan for shutdowns, arrange materials and manpower allocation in collaboration with planning department.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required which includes spares sourcing abilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience?, Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a Mining environment working in Mechanical Engineering as a supervisor (preferably on dry ore/crushing plants).
- Proven knowledge and experience on heavy mining units of processing plants in Air Compressors, Air Driers, Thickeners and Blowers.
- Construction and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct mining experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems; related to Mechanical failures.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological changes in Mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Good knowledge on the use of Mechanical measuring instruments is essential.
- Be active at continuous improvement
- Ability to reading and understand mechanical drawings.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to groom up Mechanical personnel to a high standard.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Valid Driving License
- Detail Orientation and attention
- Good follow up skills to ensure jobs are done expediently
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- The ability to make informed decisions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude