Legacy Hilltop Africa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of IT Technician. The property is comprised of 58 guest accommodations and 2 Presidential Suites. All of these guest rooms and suites are of the highest quality with individual air conditioning and private balconies, many with sweeping views from the hilltop.
- Assists in providing technical support and setup of AV equipment’s to the Banqueting department, other hotel staffs and guests
- Assists in guiding the users to help setup AV systems or resolve escalated issues.
- Troubleshoots and maintains all the AV equipment’s.
- Ensures that the maintenance of all electronics-related equipment and its associated auxiliaries are carried out in accordance with the Standard practice.
- Banqueting hall audio –video equipment maintenance and service and to be ready to use all times.
- Hotel Guest Rooms TV channels and transmission systems is up-to-date and in operation all the time.
- Arranged the systems well in advance before the conferences and collect and placed them back in the stores in good working conditions.
- Ensures that the work specified on the work order is carried out quickly, accurately, skillfully, economically, efficiently and completely.
- Ensures that electrical rooms, electrical panels audio – video control rooms are kept clean and orderly.
- Identifies upgrading needs for new AV systems, tools & equipment’s.
- Participates in the installation of AV recording and Video calling systems during banquet events.
- Ensures that the equipment’s & tools meet their requirements & specifications before use.
- Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot AV / projection equipment’s / Mic / other devices in banquet/meeting rooms.
- Ensure AV equipment is operational, labelled, repaired and cleaned when necessary.
- Should be able to maintain an up to date asset register of all IT and related equipment and software
- Should be able to develop and maintain an appropriate IT policy to guide users on the use of all IT software and equipment
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed.
- Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems
- Implement security measures
- Monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements
- Offer technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problem
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must posses a diploma in a Technical Discipline such as Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering.
- Should have 2 -3 years’ experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of AV systems and equipment’s
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected] .