Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
02 May 2022
Within Zambia , Mumbwa , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client is looking for an Irrigation Supervisor to join their team
• Inspecting and loading equipment for the day’s work.
• Driving to the client’s location.
• Testing the soil and vegetation to determine irrigation needs.
• Mapping out areas for irrigation installation.
• Digging trenches and installing pipes and lines.
• Installing pumps and electrical timers.
• Testing the irrigation system with the aid of computer software.
• Conducting routine maintenance checks.
• Troubleshooting and replacing faulty parts.
• Completing progress reports and associated paperwork.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of plumbing is preferable.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Ability to stand for long periods and lift heavy objects.
• Knowledge of soil, vegetation, and climate.
• 4 Years of Experience
• High school diploma or GED.
• Proven work experience as an Irrigation Technician.
• Knowledge of irrigation and electrical timer systems.
• Agricultural background and have experience in centre pivots, submersible pump installations and star delta electrical panels.
• should be strong on labour control and management, with some administrative capacity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.