Inspector - Domestic Quality Monitoring
Jobs at:Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2021
Within Zambia , Mongu , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency (ZCSA) is a body corporate created by the Compulsory Standards Act No. 3 of 2017 whose mandate is to inter alia administer, maintain and ensure compliance with compulsory standards.
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the vacant position of Inspector.
Inspector - Domestic Quality Monitoring ZCS 05 x1 (Mongu)
• Supervises and undertakes effectively, local inspections in order to facilitate compliance with compulsory standards
• Supervises and undertakes timely review of applications and related documents in order to facilitate issuance of licenses
• Supervises and undertakes periodically market surveillances in order to facilitate continued post-market compliance with compulsory standards
• Supervises and undertakes effectively, the maintenance of the local inspections database in order to facilitate storage, retrieval and processing of information.
• Supervises and undertakes periodically, the preparation and publication of domestic quality monitoring reports in order to facilitate informed decision making
• Supervises and undertakes timely investigations on consumer complaints in order to address the risks and recommend remedial measures
• Supervises and undertakes timely, preparation of work plans and implementation ofthe annual performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
• Supervises and undertakes effectively, the management of human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate attainment of the objectives.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate/ or its equivalent
• Degree in Science or Engineering or its equivalent
• 3 years' work experience
• Able to write a technical report
• Able to communicate fluently in English
• Analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Computer Literate
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications and personal attributes for the job, please send your application letter together with copies of education and professional certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) by 11th June, 2021 to or to the address below.
The Manager — Human Resources and Administration
Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency
Sefalana House, Stand No. 5032, Great North Road,
P.O Box 31302
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.