The University of Lusaka is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to join its Information Technology Department as;
The incumbent’s main responsibility will be to improve the University’s efficiency and effectiveness in the Information and Technology Department by designing, installing, testing and maintaining software systems.
Summary of Job Responsibilities;
- Oversee testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for new projects
- Presenting ideas for systems improvements,
- Producing detailed specifications and documentation,
- Testing in-house developed and externally provided software,
- Preparing of training manuals for endusers,
- Maintenance and updating of existing systems,
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a bias in software development.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science is an added advantage.
- Experience with database management systems such as MSSQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
Key Qualities and skills:
- Self-motivated, resourceful and innovative
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be assertive with very good interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should send their application letters together with copies of their educational & professional certificates, and Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees to the undersigned.
The Human Resource Officer
University of Lusaka
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media,
PO Box 36711,
“Passion for Quality Education, Our Driving Force”