Position: HV – Electrician
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor-Trucks
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of a HV- Electrician.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor – Trucks, you will service, repair, install and maintain all High voltage electrical equipment associated within a modern open cast mine to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, policies and legal requirements as directed by the Shift Supervisor – Trucks. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively participate in identification of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Work with other LMC Department teams/Contractors as and when required
- Achievement of maintenance compliance targets in the most cost-effective manner
- Carryout planned and unplanned work as directed by the supervisor
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 certificate
- Electrical Craft Certificate or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electrician in a typical mining environment and need to be able to demonstrate:
- Breakdown, Troubleshooting, and Fault-Finding Experience
- Background working with High Voltage Electric Drive Trucks
- A combination of Automotive Electrical & Air-conditioning added advantage
- Ability to use own initiative to solve problems and be able to work with minimum supervision and at times under pressure.
- Be very adaptable and team-focused and be able to work rotational shift patterns
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) & Engineers Registration Board (ERB) Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .