ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF ZAMBIA
The Electoral Commission of Zambia seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill one (1) position of HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Plan, formulate and implement human resource management and development and general administration policies and strategies to promote efficient and effective operations of the Commission.
This is a senior management position reporting to the Chief Electoral Officer.
- Formulate human resource management policies and strategies which are in line with the Commission’s policies and strategic plan.
- Implement human resource policies and strategies for the effective utilization of human resource in order to enhance employee morale and performance of the Commission.
- Interpret employee benefits at all stages of employment.
- Advise the Commission, Management and Staff on matters related to labour laws.
- Monitor and evaluate the Commission’s performance management system.
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of training and development programmes in order to assess their effectiveness and impact.
- Ensure the efficient provision of support services in order to facilitate smooth operations in the Commission.
- Maintain an effective control of the Commission’s transport needs.
- Ensure the efficient maintenance of buildings, surroundings and office equipment in order to provide a conducive working environment.
- Promote exemplary cleanliness of the Commission’s premises.
- Develop, control and coordinate human resource and administration budgets for provision of cost effective services in the Commission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Master of Arts degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or any other social science.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management and in possession of a valid practicing licence.
- Five to six years of senior human resource work experience. Experience in a quasi-government institution will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of human resource management and development ethics.
- Knowledge of global trends in human resource practice.
- Knowledge of the Zambian Labour Laws and ILO Conventions.
- Computer literate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Accident free personal driving experience in the last three years.
- Honest and reliable with moral strength.
- Innovative and proactive.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
- Report writing and general written and oral presentation skills.
- Counselling and psychological support skills.
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three (03) traceable referees including their contact phone numbers not later than 15th October, 2021.
The Chief Electoral Officer,
Electoral Commission of Zambia,
Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue,
P.O. Box 50274,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged