Heavy Duty Mechanic
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Heavy Duty Mechanic
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position Heavy Duty Mechanic
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for the establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and development within the maintenance area, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consistent monitoring of systems and processes to achieve optimal maintenance and productivity. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following;
• Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and diagnose to determine extent of repair required.
• Monitor the compliance with the requirements of Maintenance trades on electrical & hydraulic
• Maintain records of equipment repaired along with time spent on such equipment.
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using appropriate tools.
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
• Maintain a schedule for planned maintenance on all equipment providing for lubrication, replacement of parts.
• Achievement of maintenance targets in the most cost-effective manner within budgets.
• Transfer of technical knowledge to the position and to the team members.
• Participate in development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules.
Experience & Qualifications
• Full Grade 12 certificate
• Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Equivalent from a recognized Institution
• 5 years relevant work experience preferably in the mining industry
• Thorough knowledge of the construction, design, assembly, and maintenance of a wide variety of special purpose heavy equipment.
• Experience in troubleshooting hydraulic and electronic systems.
• Ability to keep records of repairs, time and parts used for the servicing of heavy, special purpose automotive equipment, and to make related reports.
• Member of The Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
• Good communication skills, self-motivated and innovative
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.