HEAD OF MAINTENANCE (JAVA FOODS)
Job Purpose Summary:
To ensure that all plant machinery operates in an efficient and cost-effective manner ensuring minimum down times. Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities to ensure they achieve their objectives within the set time frames and budgets. Actively contribute to improve operational capabilities. Develop autonomous maintenance and preventive maintenance capabilities within the organization.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Communicates directly with production manager to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of autonomous maintenance and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions in conjunction with the production manager.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Updates CEO of all maintenance work and projects going on in the company with the use of the maintenance schedule and a projects schedule.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify machines which are obsolete and would prove costly to maintain or repair, for disposal.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Monitors the use and inventories and makes reports of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- implement cost effective, time-based projects with World Class Engineering/parts and ensure all projects meet their deadlines and are within their budgets.
- Ensure zero accidents.
- Act on reported accidents or incidents immediately they happen.
- Active participation and ensuring compliance of activities.
- Ensure progressive Training Within Industry (TWI) in the department
- Continuous Improvement skills
- Weekly update/ follow up meeting with CEO and PM
Required Knowledge and skills
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering.
- Over 3 years’ experience in Manufacturing Industry.
- Workforce management and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro – active, disciplined, cooperative and good training and coaching skills.
- Decisive, consistent, stern,
Only those with the above requirements should apply for the above position by sending a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] on or before Saturday 16th January 2021, all applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]