Reports to: Managing Director, Administratively;
Audit Committee of the Board, Functionally
To be responsible for providing assurance to DBZ Management and the Audit Committee of the Board on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the governance and control systems, and the environment in the Bank.
- Undertake internal audits;
- Report on control deficiencies to management and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value;
- Play an active role in the maintenance and review of internal policies and procedures;
- Support the development of an assurance planning reporting process and to implement short and long-term internal audit strategies and programmes;
- Monitor and guide the preparation of control risk assessment;
- Draw up risk-based audit plans;
- Design audit programs;
- Monitor and review the quality, accuracy and appropriateness of audit findings;
- Plan and monitor audit resource and review budget;
- Liaise with the Bank’s external stakeholders;
- Undertake such other tasks as assigned by the Board or Managing Director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with credits or better including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy from a recognised University or FCCA/FCIMA/FZICA.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ZICA.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant post-qualifying work experience.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit application letters, enclosing their curriculum vitae and certified copies of their certificates to: The Managing Director, Development Bank of Zambia, P.O Box 33955, Lusaka. The closing date for receiving applications is 8th January 2021, and envelopes should be clearly marked with the position being applied for.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]