- Company: Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is the eighth largest Coca-Cola bottling partner worldwide and the biggest on the African continent, serving 13 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. We boast a diverse pan-African footprint with more than 36 bottling plants serving over 600,000 outlets across the continent. We aim to be the leading Coca-Cola bottler in Africa, delivering profitable and sustained growth through increased availability and access to Coca-Cola beverages across Southern and East Africa. Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia represents the world’s most cherished trademark and invests in the most exciting events. We are inviting applications from young ambitious and highly motivated graduates to undergo an intensive graduate training program.
POSITION: Fleet and CDE Management Trainee (1)
The Graduate Trainee Program is designed to give the successful graduates hands-on training in the Logistics. The candidates will be exposed to learning opportunities with an aim of building their competencies, skills and knowledge in the Logistics department with the ultimate view of preparing them for future roles in the business based on performance. The graduate trainees will be required to undergo intensive Development programs for 18 months.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine checklist and report all abnormalities to the cooler maintenance unit
- Plan for regular maintenance and repairs of coolers, Cold rooms and Air cons.
- Assist cooler mechanics with breakdown repairs and troubleshooting of faults
- Ensure that all breakdowns are investigated and that the 5 WHY process is followed
- Ensure all equipment is operated at optimum
- Support the management and coordination of the logistics unit and ensure that the unit is responsive to the needs of the entire business.
- Assist in the management of a well maintained transport fleet
- Make recommendations and initiate viable cost effective maintenance initiatives.
- Ensure all vehicles are in top running order at all times.
- Trip preparation: including stock, vehicle sign in and out forms and appropriate check lists.
- Ensure vehicle incident reports are completed on a timely basis and reported to the relevant senior staff
Skills, Experience & Education
- Must have a Degree in either one of the following disciplines with a Merit or better Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Logistics, or its equivalent
- Experience in vehicle maintenance is an added advantage
- Must be a recent graduate from the University within the past 3 years (2018 – 2020)
- GCE O Level certificate holder with a merit in both Sciences and Mathematics
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Highly adaptable
- Must not be more than 30 years old
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
- Experience in FMCG is an added advantage