Jobs at:Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community Engagement as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to fill teaching positions in the School of Mines and Mineral Sciences at any of the levels listed below and in the following departments:
DEPARTMENT OF GEOMATICS
JOB TITLE: Geomatics Technician (01 Position)
To provide technical support to the department in carrying out technical and academic activities relating to remote sensing, geographical information systems (GIS) and field survey activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning, supervising and coordinating work activities of all technical staff in the department.
• Planning and demonstrating laboratory practicals to undergraduate students.
• Serving as custodian of laboratory property.
• Collection of Data for research.
• Support in the analysis of data collected for research.
• Preparing and ensuring timely execution of laboratory manuals and reports.
• Preparing the budget for laboratory requirements for the Department.
Qualifications and Experience required
• Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “O” Levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Geomatics Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized university.
• A minimum of two (02) years relevant practical experience in Geoinformatics or Geomatics or Survey laboratory/environment.
• Should be a Professional Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (3) names of referees, two (2) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant.
The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than Friday 28th January 2022 or soft copies to [email protected]
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692