Jobs at:Kemcore Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Fleet Manager
The Fleet Manager will be responsible for Kemcore transport performance and ensure it meets the needs of the business and that these are achieved through a focus on best practice, cost optimization, sustainable financial approaches, and safety leadership. The role is also responsible for the operational management of the fleet to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating, and supervising the programs for vehicle utilization, maintenance, and repair of fleet vehicles.
• Responsible for directing and supervising workshop operations to ensure vehicle availability is achieved to meet performance targets & business sustainability.
• Managing a workshop team to ensure that the team meets the collective objectives of the department.
• Ensure that the entire fleet of vehicles are in a good working condition and are available for use at all times with a high availability rate of +95%.
• Planning preventative maintenance of vehicles, to ensure that the vehicles are serviced and maintained to enhance their lifespan and help to ensure world class vehicle performance.
• Ensuring adequate stocks are kept in stores for efficient replacement of parts and to limit procurement delays leading to vehicles being unavailable for use.
• Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per OEM recommendation and company set out change out procedures.
• Manages drivers and the fleet on a day-to-day basis, assesses risk and safety issues to ensure safe and efficient repairs to fleet and heavy equipment assets.
• Ensures efficient movement of trucks using the GPS and engages drivers to facilitate efficient movement of trucks.
• Manages optimum fuel utilization of trucks and ensures proper accountability of fuel.
• Ensures faster turnaround time of trucks to enable business profitability
• Manages and reduces vehicle maintenance
• Sends out vehicle status report daily to management
• Motivates drivers to adhere to safety standards, higher performance, and effective driving.
• Ensures compliance to all policies, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), with recommendations for action and continuous improvement.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]