SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organisations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: www.snv.org
– Daily reviews all documents submitted to finance for payment processing. Ensuring that all documents have the relevant support documentation before passing them on for processing.
– Maintenance of Petty Cash and Petty Cash Books.
– Assist in preparation of periodic audit exercise for projects and country office (internal and external audits).
– Periodically (monthly) reviews vendors statements ensuring that all outstanding invoices that been paid within two weeks of submission.
– Filling and archiving of all relevant documents in the finance department
– Write cheques and raise cash payments according to details on PRF and/or Payment requests.
– Manage office assets/inventory and updating of assets register
– Daily update of cash-flow and making replenishments requests.
Review and check data within specific administration, such as inventory take and clearing for month end closure, and correct mistakes and deficiencies conform administrative procedures, identify bottlenecks and address to Manager.
Document and archive all relevant back up documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, conform administrative procedures and filing procedures.
Provision of information
Receive questions and requests for information from colleagues and external parties, provide answers in own area of expertise, and cascade requests to higher level in case of lack of clarity or to high complexity, conform communication procedures and guidelines and agreements with manager.
Maintain fixed assets HO Masters and posting, draft interest calculations, maintain and reconcile bank accounts, post invoices, travel expenses and/or advances, sundry debtor administration, and prepare financial transactions and payments a.o. journals and hypo tax, pensions, UWV and income tax and / or salary payments and other payments, based on financial and accounting procedures and guidelines of the supervisor and authorisation levels.
Projects and improvements
Participate in relevant project by providing input based on own work processes and experiences, identify improvement areas in work processes and, with approval of manager, implement improvements in these.
– Grade Twelve (12) School certificate.
– Diploma Finance/Accounting or Intermediate Level ACCA/CIMA
– At least two (2) years’ experience in similar position.
– Registered member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants;
– Must have a dynamic and proactive approach with excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
– Computer literacy is a must with strong abilities in MS Excel
Interested candidates should submit a Cover letter and CV not later than 25th November 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .