- Company: The Nature Conservancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for the Finance and Accounting activities of the Africa Busines Unit and has responsibility for the management, maintenance and reporting of financial data , monitoring of management controls and processes to ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, and financial management best practice, developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans to meet programmatic commitment, completing and overseeing day-to-day tasks in the finance function. .
The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the activities and personnel for Finance Operations and Accounting of the BU. Responsible for the management, maintenance and reporting of financial data, monitoring of management controls and processes and ensures compliance with TNC policies and procedures, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, and financial management best practice. Ensures programmatic commitments, are met in a timely manner by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans. Overseeing day-to-day tasks in the finance function. The Finance & Accounting Manager provides high-level financial analysis to the Africa Council, BU leadership on budgets, and financial performance. Acts as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries related to financial management, accounting, and operations treatment that arise from across the BU and World Office (WO). Serves as a key resource to staff and management on financial matters, policies and procedures. Responsible for the implementation of finance initiatives rolled out to International programs. Provides training related to finance operations and related policies. Co-leads the fiscal year budgeting process with the Conservation Director. Point person for payments and back up for payroll to ensure smooth running of financial operations and programmatic support to the BU. Manages the finance diary to ensure financial activities are met within set deadlines including end of year close process, the development of year-end projections of expense, periodic analysis of balance sheet accounts and making necessary adjustments. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of accounting transactions such as journal entries, business and payroll taxes, creation of program Project/Activity and Award charge codes. Responsible for the continuous update of financial information on TNC Connect site.
The Finance & Accounting Manager ensures financial reports accurately reflect donor intent, working with development team to perform revenue allocation and ensure costs are charged accurately to respective funding sources. Participates in the design and implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems to comply with all applicable financial and accounting regulations. Reinforces compliance and consistency across the BU in the organization’s policies and procedures. Reports to the Director of Finance and Operations, Africa region and it will be based in any of the TNC offices in Africa.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years’ managerial related experience or equivalent combination.
- CPA or CIA qualification is a requirement.
- Experience with accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Experience with GAAP.
- Experience using financial accounting systems.
- Experience in Non-Profit accounting experience.
- Experience with government regulations related to grants or contracts, including working with applicable U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133, state and local regulations, and standard contract clauses.
- Experience of supporting multiple projects in various locations and/or countries
- Experience in MS Office (Word/excel) with technical command of spreadsheets at advanced level, general ledger reports and other financial management tools. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Experience in developing finance related policies and procedures.
- Experience in supporting program teams on budgets, reporting, expense charging and interpretation of financial information.