Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Africa
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Zambia , Mazabuka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our Client is a mixed farm that grows various agri crops is looking for a Farm Manager to join their team
• Planning and programming of works relating to the planting through harvesting of Potatoes, Maize wheat, soya, sugar beans and other row crops.
• Experience in the super food and organic industry will be beneficial.
• Horticultural experience is required with relevant experience with vegetables.
• Planning and implementation of all irrigation scheduling.
• Planning & Management of large numbers of farm labour.
• Planning & Management of all farm tractors, implements and other resources to effectively and efficiently deliver on prescribe deliverables.
• Pest & disease Management control.
• The Farm Manager will have a superior knowledge of the use of Silos, tractors, combines and implements, associated to the crops mentioned above.
• The Farm manager will have sound mechanical experience and be in a position to least identify the mechanical issues that arise and effective have repairs conducted.
• He will be able to calibrate agricultural equipment and have sufficient experience with planters, spreaders, sprayers and land preparation equipment.
• The Farm manager will have sound knowledge of the acceptable practices of grain handling and postharvest loss prevention.
• Agricultural Operations.
• Farm Equipment Management and Maintenance.
• Administration and Records
• Personnel: Development, Relationships and Welfare.
• 5 Years of Experience
• Agric. Diploma/Degree and/or extensive practical farming experience (10 yrs).Within 6 months: Company Policies and Procedures. Farm budgetary controls
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.