Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility mandated to provide quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi, Chambishi and Lufwanyama. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ on a Six months Fixed Term Contract basis suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented experts/professionals to fill the following vacancies:
1.0 Job Purpose
To plan, design, implement and control utilization and maintenance of all electro mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, machinery and motor vehicles so as to facilitate Company and project operations.
2.0 Job Accountabilities
- Develop system for the water supply distribution, electro mechanical and other facilities
- Initiate/review maintenance policies and plans aimed at prolonging the life span of the electro-mechanical equipment and instrumentation
- Review/implement planned maintenance programmes to ensure electro-mechanical and instrumentation equipment and components are repaired and maintained in accordance with sound engineering standards and within company’s frame work/policy of safety, efficiency and economy
- Work closely with the Asset Management team to ensure that planned maintenance is conducted and capital assets (pumps, motors, pipes, etc.) are repaired, replaced, or upgraded on time
- Undertake design of mechanical/piping works related to water supply, wastewater, potable water pump stations
- Prepare and review reports and design documentation for mechanical/piping works related to water supply and wastewater pump stations according to standards and regulations (electric control panels, pumps, pipelines, suction and discharge pipes, flow, level & pressure control equipment, pressure vessel, valves, reservoirs, transformers, gauges)
3.0 Qualifications And experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electro-mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years’ experience in design, installation and commissioning of electricity driven mechanical equipment over 300 kW apiece
- Member of EIZ and registered to practice by the Engineers Registration Board (Eng.R.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Should have excellent communication skills both spoken and written
Method of Application
Interested applicants who are suitably qualified and experienced for the above positions should submit their application letters specifying the position, detailed Curriculum Vitae and the names and addresses of three referees to the address below to:
Director of Human Resources and Administration Services,
Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company,
Off Freedom Way
PO Box 20982
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.