Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Electrician.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Electrical, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• In cooperation with the Supervisor, will be responsible for the day-to-day electrical maintenance of the township and other areas across site.
• Diagnose, service and repair electrical faults on Aircons and Cold-rooms across site
• Test, replace, and install equipment such as generators, alternators and other devices
• Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
• Review of maintenance tasks and procedures including JSA’s and SOP’s
• Ensure the development and maintenance of up-to-date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
• Ensure legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
• Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders in LMC’s mining activities, consistent with Barrick’s Community Relations Policies.
Experience & Qualifications
• Craft / Advanced Certificate in Electrical from a recognized Learning Institution.
• Significant experience (2 years) in a similar role in the mining sector.
• Sound understanding and experience of the principles of Electricity.
• Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers license.
• EIZ Membership certificate
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .