Electric Dump Truck Technical Support Representative (1-year Contract)
Jobs at:BIA Group
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Electric Dump Truck Technical Support Representative (1-year Contract)
Job type: Full Time
The Field Service Dumper Truck Technician (1-year Contract) position is to perform maintenance and repair of mining dumper truck in the field and as well its components, including diagnosing, troubleshooting and repair, issuing technical follow-up reports, maintaining care of the assets, and proper communication with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with customer’s safety regulations, safety standards and customer specific safety standards. Consistently monitor that Tag-Out and Lock-Out procedures are being followed.
• Strive to ensure that all people working on the Komatsu equipment are fully aware of the risks and hazards involved in working with this equipment and report unsafe acts to the relevant authorities.
• Fully accountable for the availability of the Komatsu Diesel Electric Driven Dump Truck -> Availability targets must be reached at all time. In case of lack of availability, pro-actively propose an action plan.
• Provide technical support for product lines on customers’ site, research and troubleshoot issues.
• Ensures that all required warranty information is provided in a prompt and timely manner. Assists the technical team with compiling data and information required to meet warranty standards and requirements.
• Inspect/audit equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
• Apply hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical knowledge to equipment and issues.
• Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work.
• Test repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
• Complete accurate time records, technical service reports, failure reports, etc.
• Discuss the above reports with the customer and assist in compiling action plans to rectify the problems as highlighted and maintain open communication channels with the customer and BIA team.
• Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
• Build strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
• Interface current field issues with the Engineering group to assist, rectify and improve repetitive or critical issues.
• “On the job training” for customer maintenance personnel on equipment maintenance techniques and standards.
• Assist in parts planning, especially that which pertains to maintenance, re-builds and planned work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma equivalent
• Degree in Mechanical automotive / Mechanical Engineering or four (4) years of apprenticeship experience
• Work as a workshop technician at least five (5) years
• Technician Classification is based on experience, knowledge, and competence
• 2-3 years’ experience in equivalent position
• 5 years’ experience in Diesel-Electric Driven Dumper Trucks (Komatsu 930E or equivalent) or other mobile machinery
• Written and Verbal communication skills. Ability to demonstrate and state facts to all contact people
• Understanding of basic mechanical-, hydraulic-, electrical- and structural systems
• Knowledge to access company’s processes
• Knowledge to access manufacturers parts and technical data, either via a manual- or computer system
• Understanding of the Komatsu products (specifications, applications, operation, maintenance, structure and function, testing and adjusting and repair)
• Experience in the maintenance, repair, and service of mining equipment
• Experience working in mine sites
• Able to diagnose faults and malfunctions; and to adjust, repair or replace all defective equipment parts, components or systems serviced at customer sites
• Project Manager
• Site Manager
• Maintenance Manager-Superintendent
• Fleet Manager
• Assistant Fleet Manager
• Field Foreman (Team Leader)
• Other Technicians
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
All contacts must be maintained professionally and with courtesy, honesty and respect.
Customer contact is critical and should remain confidential and should be done in a professional manner within the realm of quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness of repair based on the facts of the failure analysis
To apply for this job please visit lde.tbe.taleo.net .