2. COST ACCOUNTANT – (1 POSITION)
Jobs at:SCAW Limited
Deadline of this Job:
08 October 2021
Within Zambia , Kitwe , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Assists in planning, analysing, and monitoring operating costs for products and services, set standard unit costs and recommend appropriate cost-saving opportunities.
• Prepares varied monthly cost reports including, though not limited to, product cost margins, materials consumption, labour costs, maintenance costs, etc.
• Provides financial and decision-making information by collecting, analysing and reporting cost data.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Develops, analyses and monitors standard costs for manufactured products.
• Prepares and circulates to departmental managers monthly cost control statements in order to create cost control awareness in the departments.
• Analyses price, labour and material variances between budgeted and actual, in order to assist departmental managers, appreciate problem areas.
• Liaises with departmental managers in order to elicit written comments on variances and control actions required to bring expenditure back in line with budgets
• Monitors departmental expenditure in order to ensure that the proposed control action for eliminating of over-expenditure is adhered to by alerting departmental managers of any departures.
• Prepares ad hoc cost reports that may from time to time be requested in order to contribute to timely decision-making process.
• Ensures that correct cost centres and codes are allocated to various cost elements in order to ensure correct accounting treatment of the same.
• Calculates capacity cost on a monthly basis and revision of standard unit cost per item.
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with a minimum of 5 Credits
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, CA Zambia or equivalent
• Valid membership of the ZICA
• 5 years’ relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies
• Time management
• Collaboration skills
• Computer literacy skills
• AX Dynamics, SEG & Tally System User
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references, academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Applications should be submitted to the address below or emailed to [email protected] not later than Friday, 08th October 2021. •
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.