At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
- The Coordinator, Dust Suppression, Road Maintenance and Construction will oversee all dust suppression works, road maintenance and construction activities that take place in the mine pit. The incumbent will be heavily involved in planning, organizing and controlling projects.
- Manage teams comprising of Construction Supervisors, Operators, Surveyors and Production assistants
- Formulating and adhering to construction and maintenance plans and programs
- Ensure that quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of construction and maintenance
- Ensure optimal, productive and safe operation of plant and equipment
- Record keeping of all work done, resources and materials used
- Manage attendance and discipline within the teams
- Support, actively promote and Demonstrate a safe working culture within the teams
- Ensure that all policies and Safe Work Procedures are adhered to
Qualification & Experience
- Must be in possession of either a Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Civil / Construction Survey
- Basic survey, levelling and drainage experience required
- Model Maker experience would be an advantage
- Waste dump construction and control experience will be an advantage
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Projects or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Able to mentor and train personnel
- Able to work under pressure and to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours
- Able to plan, organize and prioritize their own and the teams activities under tight deadlines
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Roads, Earthworks and Drainage Construction
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: