Reports to: Managing Director
To be responsible for the development, maintenance and oversight of the Bank’s strategic investments, including creation and implementation of investment organization, policies, procedures, reporting and performance metrics.
- Develop, maintain and oversee the Bank’s strategic investment functions and operations;
- Sets operational strategies and achieves business growth and profitability targets, with the objective of building a robust investment portfolio and project pipeline that maximizes revenues and income streams for the Bank;
- Develop and foster effective partnerships with the Bank’s local and international partners/investors;
- Develop innovative and competitive business products;
- Provide leadership in managing the affairs of the Investment Department;
- Develop capital markets by providing financial and investment services that will stimulate growth of local capital markets;
- Provide technical and investment advisory services to the Bank’s clients;
- Ensures that assets are well diversified to optimize returns, while controlling risk;
- Implements internal controls across all functional processes of the Investment Department and the Bank as whole;
- Identify potential sources of debt financing relationships;
- Facilitate appropriate training for the Investment Department;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 “O” levels, credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics or any science subject) or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
- Must possess not less than ten (10) years of relevant experience in project management, finance, investments, or any development related environment.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit application letters, enclosing their curriculum vitae and certified copies of their certificates to: The Managing Director, Development Bank of Zambia, P.O Box 33955, Lusaka. The closing date for receiving applications is 8th January 2021, and envelopes should be clearly marked with the position being applied for.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]