CCMG Assistant Accountant
Jobs at:Caritas Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2023
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Christian Churches Monitoring Group (CCMG), is seeking a dynamic and values-driven Assistant Accountant to help grow its impact and Influence on Governance, peacebuilding, and Elections in Zambia.
CCMG is an alliance of four faith-based organizations formed to help promote credible elections through non-partisan citizen monitoring. The CCMG partner organizations are the Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ), Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia (EFZ), Jesuit Centre for Theological Reflection (JCTR) and the Zambia Conference of Catholic Bishops (ZCCB).
This is a short-term position (6 months) with the possibility of Extension for 3 years based on the availability of funds.
Coordination – Operational Management
• Provide the Accountant with timely, relevant, adequate and information as and when required
• Management of imprest and advances to staff
• Verification of goods received by the administrative assistant
• Assist the Accountant in the preparation of short- and medium-term budgets
• Quarterly preparation of the variance reports
• Maintenance of accurate records and inventory
• Timely and accurate preparation of payment vouchers
• Timely filing of financial records for easy access
• Timely and accurate banking [receipting and depositing]
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate accounts for each partner including up-to-date posting in the accounting software
• Maintenance of up-to-date cashbook for various partners
• Timely preparation of bank reconciliations quarterly preparation of the grant variance reports
• Assist the accountant in the preparation of grant financial reports in line with partners agreements
• Timely response to partner/donor queries on financial reports
The Assistant Accountant will report to the Caritas Zambia Unit Head-Finance and Administration.
• Experience in similar positions
• A mature candidate with experience in working on donor-funded projects an added advantage.
• Proficiency in Pastel accounting and Payroll software
• Writing, analytical, and communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and commitment to team spirit
• Self-driven, result oriented, and innovative
• Committed to living the values of the organization on/off work
Education/Professional and Qualifications
• Degree in Accounts, ZICA Application level or its Undergraduate degree in social sciences or equivalent
• Master degree will be an added advantage
• Full grade 12 certificate with at least 5 credits
• Must be a Member of ZICA with at least 3 years of relevant experience working with donor-funded projects in the last 3 years.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
• Letter of application, certified copies of academic
• Curriculum Vitae
• One-page statement on how you will maintain a positive, values-based organizational culture.
Deadline: 30th May 2023
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted