Cashier/Administrative Assistant Intern
Jobs at:People in Need (PIN)
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
People in Need works in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
We are looking for a young, energetic and trust worthy individual to join us in our finance department.
Job Title: Cashier/Administrative Assistant Intern
Supervisor: Finance/HR Manager
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Type: Contract up to December 2022 (with possible extension)
Application Close: 11/05/2022. May close early depending on response
The Cashier/Administrative Assistant will implement transparent and reliable financial and administrative processes to generate accurate financial information for the organisation and its stakeholders. Prepare and regularly update daily transactions in Navision, bookkeeping, tax deductions and payment, filling vouchers/relevant documents (physical as well as virtual on ELO) and reporting.
• Responsibility for PIN Mongu and Lusaka Kwacha bank cash box for sufficient cash and bank balances
• Maintenance of cash payments (payment of advances, advance clearance, reimbursement of project related expenses)
• Cash Withdrawal from Bank
• Maintenance of Navision Kwacha cash register – regular updates and cash inventories (weekly & month end)
• Checking and uploading of bill/invoice correctness – dates, amounts, suppliers, clarity, descriptions, signatures
• Sorting, scanning, filing and regular submission of bills to mission head office (scans and originals)
• Process the requests for bank transfers (payments to suppliers – only upon request and approvals)
• Making payment to PIN stakeholders with proper documentation
• Regularly reconcile cash books
• Prepare all tax and pension deductions (PAYE, NAPSA, Workers men compensation, withholding tax, Counsel levy counsel, NHIMA etc.)
• Review Admin/fin manual on a regular basis and suggest improvements
Any other tasks assigned by line manager
• Diploma or better in Accounts or any related Field,
• Must be affiliated to Zica with up to date membership – (a must).
• Not less than 2 years’ experience in the same field
• Must be ready to work with less supervision
• Must be ready to work under pressure
• Resident of Mongu or nearby places have better chances
• Honest and no theft background (we do background checks)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Different abled persons and Women are encouraged to apply.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format