Location: Mongu, Zambia
Contract duration: 9 months
Start date: ASAP
Direct Line Manager: Finance Manager
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. Present in Zambia since 2017, PIN has directly and in cooperation with local partners implemented numerous humanitarian and development projects across Western, North Western and Lusaka provinces, mainly focusing on emergency and development Nutrition, WASH, Livelihoods, renewable energy and good governance programming (funded by UNICEF, DG DEVCO and Czech government).
Description of the Role
People in Need is a growing and ambitious organisation. The quality of our programmes and our impact on vulnerable populations is built upon effective management and operations systems. We are recruiting for a Cashier/Administrative Assistant in Mongu to provide support to the Finance department as well as other departments (Logistics, Programme) to ensure a professional and efficient running of the Zambia programme’s operations, so as to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to build an effective and successful PIN Programme in Zambia.
In this capacity, the Cashier/Administrative Assistant will implement transparent and reliable financial and administrative processes to generate accurate financial information for the organisation and its stakeholders. He/ she will maintain PIN Zambia cash box and ensure correctness of cash transactions and ensure proper documentation.
- Responsibility for PIN Zambia cash box
- Maintenance of cash payments (payment of advances, advance clearance, reimbursement of project related expenses) with supervision from Finance Officer
- Maintenance of Navision cash register – regular updates and cash inventories (Fridays & month end)
- Checking of bill/invoice correctness – dates, amounts, suppliers, clarity, descriptions, signatures before handing over to Finance Officer to upload on ELO
- Sorting, scanning, filing
- Making payment to PIN stakeholders with proper documentation
- Encoding daily transactions in Navision, bookkeeping, regularly reconcile cash books
- Payments to NAPSA and different institutions
- Filing of HR related documents
Note: All the above key responsibilities are for guidance purpose only. Specific and detailed job responsibilities would form part of the job contract of the person selected for the job:
Person Specific Requirements:
Work Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Zambian regulations for financial processes
- Ability of record keeping
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and email is a must; knowledge of any finance software is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Highly organized, reliable, honest, dynamic and self-motivated, ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks
- Willing to learn and grow within the organization.
- Diploma (or a degree) in Finance, Banking, Administration or relevant field.
Method of Application
Please submit your application including a detailed CV, salary expectation and other data by filling in the form found on this link. Completed application must clearly mention on top the position applied for and must reach to above address of People in Need office:
Due to limited resources, Human Resources office will only contact the shortlisted candidates. Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of two (2) references from your most recent and previous employers (supervisors). In case clarification is required, People in Need reserves the right to call the referees.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply