World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Business Support Services Director
Reporting to: The National Director
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position: To oversee performance in organizational development, transition management, and support services, namely Supply Chain Management, Security, IT, general Administration, Risk, and Partnerships. To offer support to the National Director in providing strategic oversight and implementation of mission-critical initiatives within the country office’s support services function. To ensure quality performance across WV Zambia’s support services areas to deliver appropriate organizational transformation, spearhead rolling out new business support systems and processes. Specifically s/he will ensure quality performance by Supply Chain and logistics, IT, Safety and Security, Office Management, risk management functions and will champion implementation of organizational performance improvement plans and change management agenda. The role will also troubleshoot systems related blockages that affect WV Zambia’s ability to meet organization performance indicators in support services. As team builder s/he will collaborate with departmental heads to ensure quality and timely provision of support services across departments and the various layers of WV Zambia structures.
Leadership and Capacity Development
- Provides strategic and advises Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on operational issues affecting World Vision Zambia program delivery and overall operations.
- Profiles Risk management logistics and Supply chain, Security and office administration as strategic functions, and represents them the SLT.
- Identifies support service team requirements and gaps across programs, including Grants.
- Assesses team capacity in IT and SCM and all support services to ensure the Ministry’s best value is provided.
- Lead in developing, implementing, and reviewing the policies, standards, and procedures for Procurement, Administration, Fleet, Safety, and Security to ensure they are aligned to WVI set expected standards, policies, and procedures.
- Leading the planning and implementation of annual insurance survey for World Vision Zambia
Supply Chain Management
- Develops a logistics and supply chain strategy for WV Zambia that will drive implementation of the World Vision National Strategy and Promise 2030
- Develops a framework to ensure a strategic and collaborative supply chain philosophy is adopted across all Zambia projects.
- Undertakes strategic supplier relationship management and form a strategic relationship that will yield cost efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensure understanding of supply chain management procedures and donor requirements.
- Prepares requests for waivers and derogations for submission to donors.
- Works closely with the National Director and the Risk and Compliance Manager to Identify risks of fraud and corruption in areas of responsibility and set up preventive/mitigation and control measures
- In collaboration with the National Director and the SLT, sensitize staff on risks of fraud and corruption
- Alerts the National Director of fraud and corruption and proposes corrective measures
- Puts in place ex-ante control mechanisms to assess the company compliance and risk level, anticipate and rectify operational issues before they are captured as qualified opinions in management audit reports.
- Implements and follows up on a recommendation from Audits.
Information Communication Technology (ICT) Management
- Ensures forward-looking information and communication management and supervision of the ICT team focusing on achieving results.
- Develop and implement the procurement and replacement plan for the fleet for World Vision Zambia
- Guide the standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines and processes and implementation of a life-cycle management system including cost-effective fleet insurance, contracts, and pro provision of a reliable transport system to support the implementation of the security management plan
- Analyze and disseminate fleet management system information and reports and make recommendations on vehicle disposal and replacement in accordance with the World Vision Zambia disposal policy
- Lead in the development and implementation of fleet and security management strategies, including security assessments in alignment with World Vision policies
- Advise SLT on security issues as they arise and guide management and staff as appropriate
General Office Administration
- Provides policy guidance and general administrative function, including office space and equipment, acquisition and distribution of furniture and equipment, and office supplies.
- Develop standards for existing and future facilities and guidelines for the ongoing management of World Vision Zambia premises in all operational areas.
- Establish quality maintenance and service standards for World Vision Zambia.
- Monitor office and accommodation space allocations, office supplies, rental and cost-sharing agreements
- Champion organizational development and change management across support services functions at the National Office, Zonal, and District levels.
- Anchors WV Zambia’s participation in regional initiatives, such as shared services, Hub formations aimed to improve ministry impact.
- Interfaces with People & Culture on creating a sustainable balance between structural and programme needs.
- Conducts cost-benefit analysis of transitions and advises management on appropriate action.
Business Systems Implementation and Reviews
- In collaboration with functional heads, facilitate an end-to-end business process review across all functions, including SCM, Finance, and People & Culture to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify system, structural and procedural-related bottlenecks and take the decision to address systems and procedures related delays.
- Reviews support services policies such as per diems, fleet and travel, security, and office management and ensure they effectively facilitate project delivery.
- Interfaces with staff across different functions to continually get feedback on systems performance, their efficacy, identify pain points.
- Oversees implementation and roll-out of new systems in Supply Chain Management and IT and Risk Management
- Identifies project managers and focal persons for new initiatives and ensures adequate capacity building.
- Reviews and monitors system implementation, time frameworks and makes decisions on actions to ensure systems projects remain on track.
- Interfaces with other Southern African Regional countries to get support on business processes and methodologies such as breakthrough and the 6 Sigma.
- Keeps track of the WV Zambia cost-effectiveness and cost-cutting plan and keeps teams engaged with action plans
Team Collaboration and Compliance Across Departments
- Reviews KPI reports, MMR and FFR reports from departments and engages respective leadership on remedial actions for all support related challenges.
- Convenes joint sessions involving support services and programs to ensure collaboration and joint planning.
- Reviews partner due diligence reports and recommends to Senior Leadership Team.
- Consolidate reports from risk management and internal audit to ensure timely implementation.
- Follows up on behalf of National Director implementation of investigation recommendations with SLT members in charge
- Reviews and approves payment vouchers, contracts and Payroll payments on behalf of National Director in her or his absence
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Masters Business studies, Finance, IT, HR and OD, an MBA or equivalent is preferred
- At least 5 years’ progressive experience working in leading change as well as leading senior level teams across functions finance, logistics, supply chain, Risk IT and security management.
- Experience in change management and organization development, business process reengineering. Six sigma training and certifications an added advantage
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
- Deep knowledge related to Ethics and Compliance.
- Demonstrated ability in drafting technical communications and writing management reports.
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk management practices and principles
- Extensive experience in risk-based internal audit with strong knowledge and understanding of governance practices.
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to design and implement business systems and processes
- Writing and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and demonstrated success working with and engaging senior leadership.
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong interpersonal and working relationships in a dispersed context.
- A high degree of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to use sound judgment and initiative
- Ability to identify risk areas and prescribe measures to minimize risks.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage a busy and varied workload.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 31st January 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .