Bilingual Secretary (Arabic)
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens of COMESA Member States residing in Zambia to fill the position of Bilingual Secretary (Arabic) – GS8.
Purpose of the job
To carry out administrative and secretarial tasks to support the mandate of the Division/ Unit using one or more COMESA working languages.
Support the Director of Division / Chief of Unit in administration and operational duties of the Division or Unit:
Dressing, editing and formatting various correspondences, memos, forms and documents; and distributing them through email or mail to other Divisions/ Units or external stakeholders. The successful candidate will provide the following tasks:
• Maintaining the diary of the Chief of Unit by organizing and scheduling appointments; prepare meeting agendas.
• Informing and responding to queries from external and internal stakeholders via email, phone calls or face to face enquiries. Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
• Developing and maintaining a filing system for leave, attendance, inventory, meetings etc.
• Filing and updating contact information of internal and external stakeholders (employees, suppliers, consultants, Member states contacts etc.)
• Prepare scheduled reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
• Reconcile expense reports.
• Coordinate Office Procedures.
• Develop and review administrative systems for efficiency and effectiveness.
Provide logistical Support:
• Ensure all technical equipment such PC, scanner, printer is in good operational conditions and undertake preventive maintenance periodically (calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.)
• Maintain a clean and conducive working environment by supervising cleaning staff.
• Anticipating and ensuring office facilities and supplies (place and expedite orders for supplies. Facilities include printing paper, pens.)
Efficient management of meetings organized by the Division or Unit:
• Securing well equipped, clean and conducive conference hall with all the necessary facilities in appropriate time
• Maintaining and updating list of participants and following up with Member States regarding participation when required
• Preparing documents for the meeting well in advance.
Assist in the travel arrangements for COMESA Staff and other participants of meetings by:
• Assisting in securing tickets on time and other arrangements for travel.
• Performs other job-related duties as directed by Supervisor to achieve Divisional/ Unit mandates
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th May, 2022