Assistant Lodge Manager
Jobs at:Time + Tide Africa
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Lodge Manager
Time + Tide is looking for an Assistant Lodge Manager (ALM), based at our remote property, Time + Tide King Lewanika in Liuwa Plain National Park – https://www.timeandtideafrica.com/camp/time-tide-king-lewanika/. The ALM will be responsible for assisting the Lodge Manager with day to day operations, and will assume responsibility for covering operations when the Lodge Manager is out of camp. Duties include:
1. Man management of up to 20 members of staff in camp
2. Lodge logistics and re-supply – accounting for and ensuring there are always enough dry goods, drinks, fruit, vegetables, meat and dairy products in camp.
3. Front of House – Ensuring consistent cleanliness and tidiness of luxury tents.
4. Quality control of food, drinks, accommodation and communal areas.
5. Setting up of bush dinners, special sundowners and bush breakfasts for guests and attending to any other special requirements/requests.
6. Maintaining existing stock account systems.
7. Upkeep of camp maintenance, including power and water systems.
8. Hosting guests at all mealtimes, welcoming guests to camp and seeing them off on activities.
9. Liaising with local stakeholders, such as African Parks, DNPW, the local community and helping to build strong professional relationships.
**Please note: 100% of the staff compliment at Time + Tide King Lewanika are Zambian citizens. This is to ensure our guests receive a genuine and authentic cultural immersion when they visit the lodge, therefore only Zambian citizens will be considered for this role**
Minimum qualifications include (Please do not apply if you do not meet the below requirements):
• Hospitality degree/diploma from a recognized establishment
• Experience working with international clientele in a 5-star hospitality environment
• Computer literate and confident with Excel, Word, Outlook, stock management systems and reservations systems
• Fluent in English language essential, proficiency in Lozi is very advantageous.
Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who are selected to be put forward for interviews will be responded to.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]