Assistant Company Secretary
Jobs at:CV People Africa
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client in the Banking sector seeks a professional Assistant Company Secretary. You will be supporting the Company Secretary in providing proactive and effective Company Secretarial support to the Bank’s Full Board and Board Subcommittees and Bank’s Management Committees. Always seeking out opportunities to improve and share knowledge and remain abreast of changes in Corporate Governance best practice, ensuring that services delivered by the Secretariat are best in class.
Reporting To: Company Secretary
Interacts With: Board of Directors and Executive Management
• Assisting the Company Secretary in working with Management to set agenda, briefing Management teams on lead times for the delivery of Board and Committee papers and ensuring the timely distribution of Bank’s Board Pack.
• Administrative tasks related to the activities of the Secretariat.
• Developing a close working relationship with Management Executives and Board Members.
• Assisting in tracking to completion actions/ matters arising from Board and Committee meetings.
• Maintaining proper Board and Committee records, including papers, minutes and other documentation.
• Assisting in ensuring the maintenance of statutory records for the Bank’s Secretariat, and for ensuring the timely submission of statutory filings.
• Assisting in the production and approval of the Annual Report and Accounts.
• Conduct and prepare research papers supported by regulatory requirements and briefing materials for the Company Secretary on proposed changes to the governance and regulatory landscape of the Bank that guides Management and the Board in the execution of decisions.
• Perform the full Company Role for Management Committee meetings.
Experience: 3 years plus
Education Level: Degree
Qualifications: Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, G12 Certificate
Software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Emails etc
Equipment: Job related
Knowledge Of: A good grasp of the requirements of the Companies Act, Banking and Financial Services Act and other regulatory requirement, Corporate Governance best practice
Skills To: Possesses good interpersonal and communication skills, adopt a methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
Ability To: Build relationships with stakeholders, act with integrity and discretion, with a commitment to doing the right thing, proactively seek out opportunities to improve processes and ensure the effective functioning of the Secretariat
Other Requirements: Takes responsibility for and ownership of decisions, actions, and outcomes, a flexible can-do approach to relevant issues and to act promptly to ensure situations are dealt with appropriately, effectively and with professionalism
Industry: Commercial Banking
Culture: Professional, Performance oriented
Gender Profile: Mixed
Age Profile: Between 25 and 35
Terms and conditions
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]