Artisan – Mechanical
Jobs at:Zambezi River Authority
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To lead the mechanical team in the maintenance of hydromechanical equipment of the spillway and all mechanical related fittings around the dam, its appurtenant structures and other installations that form part of the Kariba Complex; always maintaining them in a safe and good working condition.
Under the supervision of the Dam Maintenance Civil Foreperson, the Artisan – Mechanical will carry out the following key responsibilities:
1. Leading the maintenance of hydromechanical equipment of the spillway and all related mechanical fittings around the dam, abutments, galleries, adits, shafts and the Authority’s real estate.
2. Planning of tasks, work plans and distribution of labour, equipment, transport, materials and scheduling of time in respect of job cards received.
3. Monitoring, supervising and providing technical expertise to skilled and semi-skilled subordinates including casuals and contract employees performing mechanical related tasks and always ensuring that employees observe safe workplace practices.
4. Inspecting and certifying ongoing and completed works and ensuring that workmanship meets the applicable and acceptable standards.
5. Preparing and submitting comprehensive monthly and ad hoc reports on all mechanical activities on time, with sufficient useful details for decision making by superiors.
6. Proposing equipment, materials, and spares to be used and procured in line with the changing technologies applicable to the mechanical field.
7. Participating in preparation of the budgets for the Mechanical Unit and ensuring effective execution of the same.
8. Preparing monthly time sheets for the mechanical team in order to facilitate the processing of the payroll for both permanent and casual/contract employees.
• Five (5) ‘O’ Levels with credits/ “Cs” or better; in English, Mathematics and any Science subject;
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.or equivalent
• Crane Operations and Maintenance Certificate
• Membership of a Professional Body.
• Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of relevant experience.
Other key competences
Leadership skills, innovative, results oriented, quality oriented, communication skills, planning and organization skills
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent and Pensionable
Please take notice that in a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals regarding Workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
Senior Manager-Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority
32 Cha Cha Cha Road
P.O. Box 30233
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE 27TH MAY 2022
(ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)