- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Engineering Jobs in ZambiaFirst Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- The position of the fitter is to maximize plant availability through, maintaining the operational integrity of the plant & equipment in order to achieve production targets. Reporting directly to the Mechanical Supervisor, you shall be responsible for providing the highest quality services and that all services provided are performed within a safe and timely manner?.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all plant maintenance tasks in a safe, timely and to a high quality and preventing any rework.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your co-workers.
- Be accurate, methodical, practical and safety-conscious when installing and maintaining mechanical equipment.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as per OEM Standard and work order completion.
- Keep equipment available preventive maintenance such as; overhaul of pumps, pulleys, gearboxes, pinion shafts and bearing replacement on motors.
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner.
- Repair and service all plant equipment products within the established standards.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by cleaning up before, during and after every task.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults with equipment through observation.
- Have the ability to take care of available hand tools.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required.
- Ensure that all completed work orders are closed out with accurate time confirmations
- Be able to work overtime if the need arises.
- Be able to adhere to the safety requirements of the task.
- Ensure that all tools, plant and equipment are kept in good condition, meet required safety standards and are available for use when required.
Experience? & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of a Trade test as a fitter or its equivalent. Higher qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in the mining industry or equivalent private industry as a fitter.
- Troubleshooting abilities on various centrifugal pumps, conveyor drives, conveyors, experience in hydraulics and knowledge of cyclone maintenance and rebuilds will be an advantage.
- Construction and maintenance background, with preference given to direct mining experience.
Behavioural Traits & Skills:
- The ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude.
- Detail Orientation.
- Problem Solving.
- Team player.