At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
To execute Air-conditioning repairs on various vehicles, plant and ancillary equipment in a safe and timely manner to client standards and specifications.
- Responsible for installing, inspecting, Maintaining and repairing air-conditioning and ventilating equipment.
- Design controls to make sure that air-conditioning and ventilating equipment operate efficiently and continuously.
- Perform regular maintenance work on cooling units.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical defects and malfunctions Using tools and testing instruments.
- Install, replace or repair equipment that has been damaged due to abuse or regular use i.e. low and high pressure refrigerant lines.
- Perform adjustment and calibrations of thermostatic controls.
- Install new air-conditioning systems and equipment.
- Inspect and maintain refrigerators, ice machines, automotive machines and chilled water supply systems.
- Clean blowers and coils.
- Check tensions on belts and motors.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12) certificate
- Craft Certificate in a related field from a recognised institution
- Member of EIZ
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .