Therole of the Applications Specialist is to ensure that IT applications runsmoothly, trouble shoot issues and create new applications.
- Ensure timely identification, troubleshooting and resolution of all NHIMA Project IT Applications related issues.
- Troubleshoot application errors by running diagnostics leading to resolution of problems, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide IT Support to Applications End Users.
- Provide training and technical assistance to in-house users to help ensure smooth workflow.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all essential IT Applications by establishing best practices for keeping applications running smoothly.
- Work closely with application development teams and vendors to constantly optimize application performance.
- Liaise and work closely with 3rd party Application vendors to ensure business functional requirements or changes are implemented successfully.
- Install and upgrade Application software as and when required with the support of vendor teams.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Monitor Utilization of IT Application server resources to ensure even distribution for efficient business operation.
- Maintain Application/System availability rate of 99% and above.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Effectively undertake the implementation of all Application changes and related support.
- Work closely with Application vendors to ensure successful implementation of systems.
- Conduct application, system, and code walkthroughs.
- Implement and maintain highly reliable, available, secure software.
- Perform regular Application backup.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Full grade twelve certificate with at least 5 credits which should include English and Mathematics.
Competencies required for this Role
- Degree in Computer Information System, Software Engineering, Application Programming or equivalent
- Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Configuration management and query software
- Systems analysis
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
To apply for this job please visit careers.nhima.co.zm .