- Company: Innovations for Poverty Action
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors. IPA is looking for a serious and motivated candidate to fill the open position of Administrative Assistant. This position will be based at the country office in Lusaka.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant to join the team of the IPA Zambia Office. This position is responsible for assisting in organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency in this office. S/He will assist in office administrative activities, including the reception area, mail, visitor logistics, and small and large purchase requests. The Administrative Assistant intern will report to the Country Director and work closely with all office staff.
The Administrative Assistant core responsibilities will be as follows:
- Manage logistics for office meetings & project training.
- Manage storage and inventory of office supplies, consumables, projects items, and stationery.
- Monitor and manage utility bill payment in the office, including telephone, internet, electricity, rentals, water, etc.;
- Assist in the disposal of items in the storage room;
- Assist prepare all outgoing mail, faxes, courier parcels, and any other official correspondence;
- Assist in schedule and coordinate travel bookings, hotel payments, airport pick-up, conferences, department activities for all local staff and international visitors;
Maintenance and repairs;
- Manage all repairs and routine maintenance work in all the premises of IPA in Lusaka, including office and IT equipment, communications, etc.;
- Generator management responsibilities: Liaise with the mechanic on technical issues related to the generators, including preparation of orders for consumables and spare parts;
- Assist with the scheduling, servicing, ordering fuel and oil for the generator.
Desired Qualifications and Experience;
- First Diploma/ Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, any relevant field.
- Computer literacy and IT background is a plus,
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills,
- Attention to detail, good planning and organizational skills,
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; professional appearance and manner
- 2+ years of experience.
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes;
- Be honest, trustworthy, and be respectful,
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and be flexible,
- Self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently; a team player.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Duration and Terms