The Teaching Council of Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified members of the public to fill one (01) vacant positions of Accountant (TC 06) at Teaching Council of Zambia Headquarters.
To undertake accounting functions in order to facilitate utilization of resources
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out timely and accurately, routine accounting activities in order to facilitate accountability of public fund;
- Undertakes timely, preparaåon of monthly expenditure statements in order to monitor levels of expenditure;
- Undertakes timely, receipting and banking of revenue in order safe guard public funds;
- Undertakes timely, maintenance of Books of Accounts in order to facilitate effictent storage and retrieval of information;
- Records timely and accurately, transactions in the cash book in order to ensure accountability;
- Prepares timely financial reports in order to facilitate decision making.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must be aged thirty (30) years and above;
- A Full Grade Twelve (12)/ Form 5 School Certificate with a minimum of five
- (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics
- Degree in Accountancy, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent
- Membership to ZICA a must
- Two (2) years relevant work experience ;
- Ability to use PASTEL or SAGE applications
- All Applications should be handwritten stating clearly the position and must be lodged directly to the address above;
- Applications must be submitted together with curriculum vitae, photocopies of National Registration Card, and proof of membership to relevant professional bodies, academic and professional qualifications to the address given below;
- The closing date for receiving applications will be 14th December, 2020.
The Teaching Council of Zambia
P.O. Box 35700