About the job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring consistent corporate financial strategy through a range of avenues such as managing and allocating accounts, financial statements, and tax data. The candidate will also be the point of contact for banks, auditors, and tax authorities.
· Manage and Oversee various accounting operations
· Manage Billing, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
· Identify accounting and financial issues and suggest timely solutions
· Manage month-end and year-end close process
· Manage quality control over financial transactions and reporting
· Manage the budgeting and forecasting
· Produce financial statements as requested
· Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
· Manage and comply with local and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
· Closely scrutinize funds transfer and cash disbursement protocols within the organization
· Monitor performance of financial employees and recommend action to human resources department when necessary
· Monitoring and evaluating business processes; suggesting and implementing changes to bring in control, efficiency and effectiveness.
· Involvement in operational functioning pertaining to procurement negotiations and cost savings
· Maintain external relationships with banking and insurance executives outside of the organization
· Develop and adhere to policies and procedures
· Contributing to better corporate governance by identifying internal control weaknesses and implementing better controls
· Assist with financial planning
· Experience in the Hospitality Industry. Food and Beverage a plus
· Financial and Auditing Skills
· Oversee Budget forecasting and cash flow management
· Ensure government compliance in all tasks
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /AAC/ZICA/CIMA or Finance 5+ years’ experience.
· Knowledge of Sage Evolution a must
· Member of ZICA
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .