Published On : 26 August 2021
Closing Date : 8 September 2021
Regional Office – Ndola
Hot Job No
Job Grade BOZU3
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
STOREKEEPER – RECEIVING – RO (1 POST)
To control and coordinate all physical stores function at the Bank’s Main store to ensure provision of goods receiving services for the Bank Supplies.
- Supervise and coordinate activities in the storage area to ensure efficient receipt, storage and delivery of materials.
- Organise handling equipment and labour to ensure proper and quick loading, distribution, off-loading, stacking and general materials handling.
- Storage of items and materials, ensure that materials are properly binned and labelled to facilitate easy identification and to avoid loss through theft, damage, deterioration and pilferage.
- Control and inspect receipting of goods. Ensure that goods delivered meet the standard.
- Enter information in the appropriate inventory control module in order to update inventory records and post materials costs to operating departments.
- Physical verification of inventory in the warehouse to ensure discrepancies between physical and record stock are corrected in order to maintain accurate stock balances
- Housekeeping comply with storekeeping procedures, rules and regulations and report needed changes for accountability and in order to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Stores Management/Diploma in CIPS level 4 or equivalent with 1 years’ practical experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Stores management skills
- Analytical Skills to ensure adequate supplies to support Operations
- Ability to work well as a team member
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), scanned certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online application. The closing date for applications is 8 September 2021 . Please note that only applications submitted online shall be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit lde.tbe.taleo.net .