Storekeeper – Issuing (HO)
Jobs at:Bank of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
Store Keeper – Issuing – HO (1 Post)
To control and coordinate all physical stores function at the Bank’s Main Store to ensure provision of good Issuing services for the Bank Supplies.
• Supervise and coordinate activities in the storage area to ensure efficient issuing, storage and of materials
• Storage of items and materials and ensure that materials are properly binned and labelled to facilitate easy identification and to avoid loss through theft, damage, deterioration and pilferage
• Organise handling equipment and labour to ensure proper and quick, distribution, stacking and general materials handling
• Control and inspect issuing of goods are inspected, correctly made and enter information in the appropriate inventory Control Module In order to update inventory records and post material costs to operating departments
• Physical verification of inventory in the warehouse to ensure discrepancies between physical and record stock are corrected in order to maintain accurate stock balances
• Stores comply with storekeeping procedures, rules and regulations and report needed changes for accountability and in order to a maintain safe and clean working environment
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma Stores Management or equivalent with 1 year relevant experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
• Stores management skills
• Analytical Skills to ensure adequate supplies to support Operations
• Ability to work well as a team member
Conditions of Service
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), scanned certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online application. The closing date for applications is 14 September 2021 . Please note that only applications submitted online shall be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please click here to apply.